Thursday, December 23, 2010

Got a Chihuahua puppy!

I know it has been awhile and I got him on the 21 but things have been crazy! So any way he is 11 weeks and 1 day today. His name is Jack. He is soooo cute and a hand full. Though he sleeps a lot. I wanted a doggy and my wonderful boyfriend got one for me. I love him so much he is such a great man and I am so happy with him. Jack is 2 pounds right now and is suppose to get to 4 pounds or maybe a little under but who knows as long as he is healthy. He does have a cherry eye.

The medical term for 'cherry eye' is nictitans gland prolapse, or prolapse of the gland of the third eyelid. Unlike people, dogs have a 'third eyelid' that contains a tear gland and is located in the corner of each eye. Under normal circumstances, this gland is not visible and aids in the production of tears. For some reason, which is not completely understood, the gland of the third eyelid prolapses or comes out of its normal position and swells creating the condition known as cherry eye. I got this here http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2+2092&aid=409 if you want to check it out.

Besides that he is two cute and I'm OK with that. there are also things you can do to help or fix it. OK well I just wanted to share. I'm very happy. Also Merry Christmas every one. Hope every one enjoys the holidays.


No comments:

Post a Comment